Top 3 restaurants in Houston for September
Although September is gone we can still cherish the restaurants that had some great specials in the month. You can find tons of amazing restaurants close to your Camden apartment. Below are my top 3 for September.
This was my first time coming to Benji’s so I was excited to try the food my friends have raved about. The waiter brought the special menu and I chose my 3 courses.
· My first course was the ‘Chimichurri Gulf Shrimp’; a shrimp ball drizzled with spicy mayo sauce.
· My second course was the ‘6 oz. Pan Seared Gulf Catch’, a red snapper over a bed of arugula and kale dressing with a salsa verde.
· Lastly for my third course I had the ‘Matcha Tres Leches’, a tres leches cake made with matcha topped with blackberries.
If you have ever been here then you know that $35 for a 4 course meal is a steal! The fact that this place offers such a great variety for that price during this special month is awesome! Here you were able to get a 4 course meal and complimentary bread (which is very delicious by the way). If you live at Camden Post Oak this restaurant is only 15 minutes away from you and I can tell you that you won’t be disappointed after your meal here.
· First course was the shrimp ceviche which was the perfect start to the feast I was about to intake.
· Second course was a Caesar salad since I knew I wouldn’t finish it if I had anything else.
· Third course was the ‘Bone-in Ribeye 16 oz.’ with green beans & mashed potatoes and I must say it was cooked to perfection.
· Last course, which I was barely able to finish, was the papaya cream.
I love that this restaurant was on the list because when I’m looking for good eating I always come here.
I had always seen friends who live in San Antonio post on snapchat about this restaurant but I didn’t know we had one here in Houston. This place was great, it is an experience from beginning to end.
Photo courtesy of The Melting Pot Restaurants
· For my first course I had the ‘Loaded Baked Potato Cheddar Cheese Fondue’, they give you a variety of breads and meats to dip in the cheese. It was delicious.
· The second course was the ‘Land and Sea’ which consisted of filet mignon, herb chicken and pacific shrimp in which you cook in the broth that is provided.
· As the third course I had the ‘Flaming Turtle Chocolate Fondue’, with this you get a mix of berries to dip in your chocolate fondue.
This restaurant was so fun to experience and the food was great. You are your own cook here. Live at Camden Plaza? You won’t want to miss out on this dining experience and the best part is you are only 5 miles away.
Check out one of these locations the next time you are in the mood for some great eating and no matter which restaurant you choose your Camden community will not be too far away.