3 Amazing & Easy Kitchen Maintenance Tips
A beautiful kitchen is one of the most important spaces in your apartment home. Keeping it tidy and ready to handle whatever meal you're making next doesn't have to take a lot of work! Use these three easy kitchen maintenance tips on a regular basis in your Camden apartment.
1. Use the Right Cleansers for your Countertop
- For Formica countertops or quartz, use mild liquid detergent or household cleaner and damp cotton cloth for cleaning. Harsh chemicals like bleach will damage the surface.
- For granite or quartz countertops, use granite cleaner. Or, you can easily make your own by combining dish detergent and rubbing alcohol.
- Don’t forget to dry thoroughly! Excessive standing water will cause swelling, resulting in permanent damage.
- Take steps to avoid excess wear. Always always use a cutting board when preparing food. Before setting hot food down, use a trivet or heat pad to avoid scorching or staining your solid surface countertops.
2. Keep Your Cooktop Clean
- Remember to always allow the entire cooktop to cool before cleaning.
- If you have a glass cooktop, saturate the glass surface with soapy water and wipe it with a soft cloth. For stubborn stains, make a paste with equal parts baking soda and water. Apply the paste to the stains and wipe off after a few minutes.
- For all other cooktops, spray the surface with a vinegar and water solution and let it sit for 15 minutes. Wipe the surface down with a wet towel afterward.
- Try to keep the cooktop as clean as possible. If you keep cooking with existing stains, it becomes more difficult to remove.
3. Maintain Your Garbage Disposal
- If you notice an odor coming from your garbage disposal, run it with plenty of cold water and some ice cubes.
- Place all grease and food trimmings in the trash, not the garbage disposal. For grease disposal, wait until the grease has cooled and then pour into a disposable plastic, glass, or metal container. A peanut butter jar or coffee can is great to use.
- Never put any of the following items in a garbage disposal: bones, celery, eggshells, popcorn, banana, pasta, rice, potato peels, eggshells and coffee grounds.
These tips are sure to help keep your kitchen looking amazing. If you need help or have a maintenance request, just give your Camden office a call or login to the resident portal at www.mycamden.com and click on Submit a Request under Quick Links. We’ll be there to help ASAP!
Some people find that cleaning their apartments comes easy and they naturally make time for it. Need more cleaning tips? Check out this blog on how to create an easy cleaning routine.
Cities Atlanta Metro Austin Metro Charlotte Metro DC Maryland Metro DC Metro DC Virginia Metro Dallas/Fort Worth Metro Denver Metro Houston Metro Inland Empire Metro LA/Orange County Metro Orlando Metro Phoenix Metro Raleigh Metro San Diego Metro Southeast Florida Metro Tampa Metro Tags KITCHEN countertop stove clean apartment