You found your perfect home at Camden, and you decided to lease! Now what? A great perk with Camden is the moment you sign for your new home; we send an easy-to-follow checklist to make your move-in as smooth as possible! If you're not yet a resident with us, or need some help getting your moving day checklist together...check out our best tips and tricks to get the most out of your move-in experience.
Photo Courtesy of Camden Highland Village in Houston, TX
1. Sign your Lease: The first step to finalizing everything and snagging that apartment is to sign the lease agreement. Camden makes it easy by using an electronic lease signing platform called DocuSign, so that you can sign your lease from anywhere at any time with just the click of a button. Read through the lease and contact the community with any questions or concerns.
2. Renter’s Insurance: Before move-in day, your new community will ask that you obtain renter’s insurance. If you have specific questions about coverage requirements or need help choosing a provider, contact your local leasing office. We recommend choosing a plan with ERenter Plan. They have compatible options with all our communities and even offer extra add-ons such as pet damage coverage to give renters extra peace of mind.
3. Download Chirp (For all communities with Smart Lock Access): Long gone are the days of forgetting your keys at home! Chirp Access is an app that gives you access to all entry points, such as gates and building doors, amenity spaces and your apartment home! It is super easy to use and makes move-in day even more stress-free! Download the app through the Google Play or Apple App Store before your move-in day.
4. Pet Documentation: We love pets at Camden! Our pet policy allows our new residents to bring up to three pets to their new home! Before moving in, we will need pet vaccines and a photo for identification purposes and to make sure all vaccines are up to date! While the photo is for your account, our teams love seeing pictures of your furry friends as well. We recommend sending over the cutest one you got! After moving in, we would love to meet your pets in person. Feel free to bring them in for a treat or two and tons of love. Check out my blog: Best Dog Breeds for Apartment Living, if you need help choosing a new friend!
5. Utilities: The Technology Package is a perk we offer that includes cable and internet with a smooth set up. Call the provider your community works with, and they will ship equipment to your new home, or you pick it up at the local store. It is that easy! They will provide you with instructions regarding set-up, and within minutes you will be hooked up and ready to go! Be sure to set-up electricity and gas if applicable before moving in. Give the team your account numbers so that everything is ready to go!
6. Move-In Fees: Log into our exclusive resident portal, MyCamden, to pay electronically, making it convenient and hassle-free. There are options to pay by ECheck or credit/debit card. You can even enable auto-pay, which automatically takes the funds out of your account, so you will never have to worry about forgetting to pay rent every month. If you prefer to pay by check or money order, this option is still available, and the team is happy to help!
7. Move-In Appointment: Last but not least, call or email your community to set up an appointment for move-in day. A friendly team member will answer all of your move-in day questions and show you everything you need to know about your new community! Once you are done and everything on the checklist is completed, it is time to start living your best life in your new Camden apartment home!
Photo Courtesy of Jourdan Garcia
We are so excited you chose to call Camden home! We can’t wait for all the special memories you will create here. If you need anything, please email, call, or text your team. We all are here to help and provide Living Excellence. Happy Moving!