Sweat it out in the Most Updated Gym in Fourth Ward
Photos by Camden Fourth Ward manager, Steven Smith
What makes you excited to work out? Is it a new outfit, killer shoes, the loudest possible headphones? For me, it takes a lot to get in the right mindset and to get to the right energy level. But let me tell you, nothing has gotten me as excited for a workout as the brand new, completely renovated Gym and Spin Room spaces at Camden Fourth Ward.
Camden Fourth Ward is walking distance from The Atlanta Beltline, which is one of the longest and most extensive trails inside the city’s perimeter. It’s a luxury for nearby residents and a treasure to the whole city. But, when you need to get a quick jog in, fighting The Beltline traffic and activity can become tedious. With Atlanta’s temperatures reaching the mid 90’s in the last few weeks, it’s not an ideal time to be doing high-intensity exercise outside. That’s why you must use the unbelievable gym at Camden Fourth Ward. It was recenetly renovated and you can't help but to be impressed.
Here are some of the amazing features of the renovated gym and fitness center:
1. Completely new equipment: From the treadmills to the yoga mats, almost everything has been updated. The new treadmills have touchscreens that allow you to track your pace, distance, heart rate and calories burned. The ellipticals and stationary bikes offer similar features. You can also watch TV on the screen and completely disappear into your work out.
2. Plenty of equipment:With three treadmills, three ellipticals, stationary bikes in both rooms, multiple sets of weight, multiple yoga mats, a variety of machines, and more, there will always be something for you to do. You’ll never walk down to the gym just to turn around because the equipment is all in use, you’ll always find something that will work.
3. Space: With two rooms, there is space for residents to spread out and do what they need to do. The updated Spin Room has significant stretches of space that are unencumbered by fitness equipment. You can spread out and do your workout in whatever way you see fit. Stop spending ab and arm days on your living room carpet and head down to the Spin Room!
4. The views: Nothing inspires a workout quite like looking out the window and seeing Camden Fourth Ward’s picturesque pool (with new pool furniture arriving at the end of June!) . The clear visual reminder of “bikini body” season is a massive motivator when you’re getting tired mid workout.
5. The environmental savvy: One of my absolute favorite features of the updated gym space is the new water station. It has both a classic fountain and a water bottle refill spout. There’s a screen that indicates how many plastic water bottles we’re not using by refilling our own containers. It’s a nice touch to make a usually thoughtless action a smart environmental decision with no extra effort.
If you’re waiting for your sign to get healthier this summer, this is it! Now head down to the gym at Camden Fourth Ward!