Why I love working for Camden!
I am so fortunate and honored to work for Camden. Before for my first interview with Camden I researched the company, the people, and what this company was all about. When I stumbled on their list of values: Have Fun, Always Do the Right Thing, Customer Focused, just to name a few …I knew this would be the place for me! I felt comfortable with each interview and everyone I met. It was as if I was talking to a string of long lost friends instead of doing an interview. I knew I was home and was so excited when I was offered the position to join Camden! After four years, I still sing Camden’s praises every day to anyone who will listen.
Here are a few highlights (If I list them all, then this blog would go on forever!) on why I choose to work for Camden:
- Giving Back – Camden and its employees care about the people and the communities that we serve. Every year, every Camden employee joins together to tackle community service projects across the nation. From rebuilding veteran’s homes, painting homeless shelters or collecting and packing school supplies for military children, Camden encourages all of us to help others. I have sorted food, served the homeless, been covered in paint and picked up trash. I love that Camden helps me be able to give back!
- Teamwork – I love my 1,746 person team! No matter how far or near someone is located; our fellow Camden employees are always there to help each other out. By a quick phone call, email, text or tweet we are always there when someone is in need. We are one team with one vision and are always there for each other to answer a question or to bounce an idea off of.
- Having Fun – I literally have fun EVERYDAY at work. On a typical day you could see me singing in the office, dancing down the hall, dressing up in a crazy costume or playing a fun trick on a co-worker. There is always fun to be had! Not only is it encouraged, it is welcome by all!
- Recognition of Employees – Camden does an amazing job of recognizing the hard work of each employee. It could be a quick email of thanks, a fun lunch out with your team leader or a book made of your Camden memories on one of your milestone anniversaries. The best form of recognition at Camden does not always come from our leaders, but our fellow employees. Each year employees are nominated by their co-workers for an “ACE Award”. This significant award is given in each city to an employee who Achieves Camden Excellence by living the Camden values every day. It is so special to be nominated by peers where only 2% of the Camden employees are annually recognized.
- Care About Each Other – This is my second family and we care so much about each and every one who works with us. Just recently the Camden Employee Emergency Relief Fund was created to assist associates in directly supporting one another. This fund (based on an initial lump sum from Camden and then employee contributions) will provide financial assistance on an individual basis to Camden employees in case of severe hardship due to natural disaster, family emergency or other overwhelming, unexpected event. We invest in each other!
I pinch myself every day that I get to call Camden home! There are many opportunities across the country for you to join our team. Check out our Camden Careers page for any openings near you. I can’t wait for you to join the family and see why Camden has been named to Fortune’s 100 Best Companies to Work for 9 years in a row!