Why Go Camping for Vacation? I’ll give you five reasons!
Horse Camping Is Fun Too - Joey and Me
I love camping. It’s a fun and easy way to take vacation. Here are my top five reasons for a camping vacation.
- It’s Cheap! – As long as you visit somewhere in driving distance from home, you really don’t have to spend much more than you would an average day. Sure, you need gear such as a tent, sleeping bag, and items to cook and eat with; but these items can be reasonable and are reusable. On top of this you consider the cost to rent a campsite which can be anywhere from $10-$100/night depending on the location and timeframe. You can typically have up to 8 people on one site, so definitely reasonable for a night on the beach!
- It’s Easy! – You have everything you need right there with you. It gives you freedom to do anything you like. Bring bikes, gear for hiking, or just chairs to laze around in. The joy of camping is that you don’t have to do anything except eat, sleep, and enjoy!
- Cooking Is Fun – My rule of thumb is to bring lots of eggs, tortillas, potatoes, bacon, veggies, butter, lots of cheese, and then make breakfast burritos, quesadillas, and any other variation of these ingredients for meals. Bring a steak or two (if you want to spoil yourself), some sides, and tons of snacks and you’re set. You can bring a portable burner, a griddle or frying pan and you’ve got all you need. For some reason campsite cooking takes way better than making the same junk at home.
- You Can Sleep Under The Stars and Be At One With Nature – If you pick a spot on the beach you will be able to enjoy a beachfront stay that few can experience. To look up at the stars and hear the roar of the ocean will ensure a sense of calm amazement and guarantee a great night’s sleep
- You Will Spend Quality Time With The Ones You Love (and even the ones you just kind of like) – Without any distractions from TV you get to spend some quality time with friends and family over daytime activities, meals, and downtown around the campfire. Make sure to have a no cell phone policy and enjoy the time with your company and surroundings. It is an experience that everyone should take time for.
Weather you prefer ‘glamping’ or simple back to basics camping, make sure you don’t overlook camping as a vacation activity. You don’t need to be a pro, just cover the basics and go from there!