Should I stay or should I go now? Part Two
- You will organize, pack and clean.
- You will shop around for reasonably priced and reputable movers, leave messages, try to hear them through broken cell reception, arrange to meet them for a quote.
- You will miss out on an epic event because you had to “pack”, meet the movers, meet the cable company, etc.
- You will have to arrange for utility transfers and pay transfer fees
- You will have to change your address with countless entities (and never ever remember everyone).
- You will have to buy boxes, tape, packing materials, bubble wrap, wardrobe boxes, etc.
- You never buy enough supplies because you always under-estimate how much stuff you have. Now you have to stop progress to go buy more supplies. (check, check and check)
- You will pay a small fortune to the moving company. OR
- you will pay a small fortune for a truck, mileage, gas, or a portable storage unit.
- You will buy your friends dinner and drinks because they helped you pack, move, watched your dog, kept your kids or all of the above. Of course now you are obligated to reciprocate which is a debt always called upon at the most inconvenient of times(I hate when that happens).
- You might have to pay your nephew $50 to help unload something, unpack something or move something that was improperly placed (personal experience).
- You will pay new pet fees, application fees.
- You will have to buy miscellaneous household items because for some reason things like your bath mats never look right in a new place.
- If you are changing counties, there may be unexpectedly higher personal property/vehicle tax that you find in your mailbox one day. (It happened to me).
- You may end up paying storage fees if there is a lapse in leases (or you may have to stay with the in-laws until the new place is ready-also happened to me).
- You will have to arrange to return TV equipment(yep).
- You will have to take some time off from work. Say bye-bye to your precious vacation time. But then again who wouldn't want to pack and move on their vacation.
Cities Atlanta Metro Austin Metro Charlotte Metro Dallas/Fort Worth Metro DC Metro Denver Metro Houston Metro LA/Orange County Metro Orlando Metro Phoenix Metro Raleigh Metro San Diego Metro Southeast Florida Metro Tampa Metro Tags apartment apartments Camden Camdenliving.com cleaning community contemplate cost costly decision expensive freedom home lease lease expiration lease renewal logic logical mobility movers moving mycamden.com options packing renew renewal rental renter renting resources save save money save time savings Service stress time worry-free