The Move In Experience
Image Source: Pexels.com
After leasing an apartment home, what’s next? At Camden, we provide constant communication before the move in date, and an easy checklist to follow to prevent less stress. As much as we love seeing you in the Welcome Center, we want your move in to be a quick in and out! Come in, say “hello”, grab your keys and “Voila!”move on in! Here are some important things to remember to complete before receiving keys.
1. Sign your lease. Chances are you have already used our easy and convenient online leasing program. Did you know signing your lease and completing your move in is easy? Camden is happy to provide electronic lease signing using DocUsign. Residents are able to sign their lease from a smart phone, tablet, or computer using one click!! A lease contract can be very long, and contain language that can be hard to understand. Set aside time to read your lease, and highlight any questions that you have.
2. Schedule move in appointment. This is the time to ask any questions. The leasing staff will guide you through everything that will happen on move in day. A maintenance team member will show basic tips. This is a great way to learn how to use the amazing appliances your apartment home will come furnished with. If you leased without being able to tour the community, this is also a great way to get to know your Camden Family and to get a community tour. A member of our leasing/maintenance staff is happy to introduce you to your new home.
3. Pay your move in fees. Log into MyCamden.com to electronically pay the total amount due at move in time. No checks, no hassle – an automatic rent draft OR credit card! Yes, you heard correctly! Our resident portal allows you to pay with credit card! Trying to travel around the globe using your credit card reward points? No faster way to get there than to pay rental balances with your credit card!
4. Set up utilities. Enjoy the Technology Package as soon as you move in. Moving in without power is not fun either, so make sure you call the electric company ASAP. Be sure that you provide your account numbers to the leasing staff.
5. Rent a garage or storage. Many Camden apartment home communities provide rent able storage rooms. This is perfect for the items that may not fit into your new apartment home. Avoid digging your car out of the snow and unwanted pollen and bird waste on your windshield.
6. Renters Insurance. If you have questions about what coverage requirements, contact your leasing team. Erenterplan provides a fast an easy policy way to get a policy, and they automatically email it to the Leasing Office.
7. Send us your Pet photo and vaccination records. Camden apartments are pet friendly. We want to make sure that all pets are healthy; a photo will help identify your pet. Feel free to bring your furry friends to the Leasing office for treats and extra love.
8. Change your address. Update your online accounts and start receiving mail right away. The fastest way to update your address is to visit the post office website.
9. Schedule movers. The leasing team is happy to recommend local moving companies. Be sure to ask where trucks are to park and unload on moving day. Yadira's blog has some great pointers on a stress-free move.
Now that everything is complete on your checklist, come get keys and enjoy life as a Camden resident!
The blog is a collaboration of 2 creative Camden minds: Joelle Salviati and Marisa Lamprecht-Kline.
Cities Atlanta Metro Austin Metro Charlotte Metro Corpus Christi Metro DC Maryland Metro DC Metro DC Virginia Metro Dallas/Fort Worth Metro Denver Metro Houston Metro Inland Empire Metro LA/Orange County Metro Orlando Metro Phoenix Metro Raleigh Metro San Diego Metro Southeast Florida Metro Tampa Metro Tags move in moving process experience