Maintenance Monday: (More) Tips to Keep Your Apartment Cool
With summer still in full swing those energy bills are creeping up as fast as the temperatures. Here are some tips to keep your apartment home cool:
1. Check you’re A/C settings. Do not use the “fan” setting as it will run constantly which is not needed and can burn out your A/C faster.
2. Make sure your ceiling fan blades are rotating counter clockwise in warmer months. This forces air down into the room creating a wind chill effect.
3. Utilize exhaust fans. Turn on your kitchen fan after cooking and your bathroom fan after a hot shower to help those rooms cool faster.
4. Dry clothes at night. Your dryer heats up the house causing the A/C to run more, operating it at cooler times of day helps keep your apartment cool.
5. Close external doors to keep cool air in. While sometimes a nice breeze from the outside is pleasant, your cool internal air is rushing out of your apartment causing your A/C to work overtime and run less efficiently.