How to make a Beach Towel into an Easter Basket
Photo Courtesy of Pexels
I can’t believe that Easter is almost here! I love when my kids wake up in their Camden apartment home and go straight to see what the Easter Bunny left for them. This year I wanted to be unique and get my girls something that they will actually use, instead of just candy. I started to do a little research online and found some amazing ideas for Easter baskets without too much candy in them. I read that you can use a beach towel to make a basket that looks like a bunny – and I was hooked! Both of my kids love swimming in our Camden pool and are little fishes in the summer. I can’t wait to stuff them full of goggles, swimsuits and pool toys.
Supplies you will need:
- Towel, bathing suit and beach toys. You are also going to need
- Construction paper
- Small bowl or box
- One rubber band
How to assemble:
1. Start with the beach towel laid out on the floor and roll the sides in like the picture below.
2. Once the towel is rolled to the center like two burritos, grab your box or bowl and wrap the towel around the box.
3. Fold the ends up toward the box
4. Grab your rubber band and make the bunny face and ears. So it looks similar to the picture below.
5. Now the fun part you get to fill the basket and make a bunny face. I used goggles as the eyes on the pink one. This is your chance to be creative and have fun with it!
I made two baskets and they both came out a little different each time because of the size of the towel and if it had a hood or not attached.
I can’t wait for my kids to see these awesome baskets! Looking for a few ways to decorate your apartment home for Easter? Check out these Simply Camden blogs for 9 Best and Easy Easter Decorations Ideas and how to create an Easy DIY: Cute Burlap Bunny!