Cooking with Camden: Easy 5 Ingredient Trader Joe's Recipe
photo courtesy of Colette LaPorte
I am the world’s laziest chef and love when I find a great staple recipe that does not require too much effort and the results are still delicious! When I recently moved into The Camden in Hollywood I fell in love with Trader Joe’s and joined their cult following as there is one conveniently right next door! I love trying to make a balanced meal with protein, fats, and carbs and found a great recipe for turkey stuffed bell peppers. The ingredients are as minimal as the effort it takes!
- 1 package Norbest 93% Lean Ground Turkey
- Trader Joe's Organic Jasmine Rice
- Trader Joe's Creamy Tomato Basil Pasta Sauce
- Trader Joe's Shredded Pepper Jack Cheese
- 3-4 bell peppers (depending on size)
Thankfully you can grab all these at your local Trader Joe’s and no other grocery stop is required. The recipe takes 10-15 to prepare and then an additional 30-40 min in the oven.
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
- Spray your cooking pan with cooking spray (I prefer Trader Joe’s Coconut Cooking Spray) and place entire package of ground turkey inside pan.
- Cook ground turkey thoroughly and place inside your mixing bowl once complete. If you want to make the turkey even leaner you can first place the cooked turkey in a strainer and wash any remaining fat or grease off.
- Next, place your microwavable jasmine rice inside your microwave and cook on high for 3 minutes. Like I said – so easy! Once cooked, place the rice into the mixing bowl.
- Measure out 1 cup of the pasta sauce and place inside mixing bowl.
- Add 1 cup of shredded pepper jack cheese to mixing bowl and mix all contents thoroughly - add more cheese if desired.
- Next you will clean your bell peppers, remove the top, cut them in half and remove the inner contents. Place as much of the rice and turkey mixture into each halved bell pepper as desired. Top off with additional pepper jack cheese!
- Place the halved bell peppers on a sprayed cooking sheet and place on the middle rack of the oven. Let them cook for an additional 30-40 minutes
This recipe can be altered with non-Trader Joe’s ingredients if necessary. Thankfully when you choose to call any Camden home you know your kitchen will be well-equipped to cook any meal with their upgraded appliances, modern finishes, and elegant quartz or granite counter tops.
Looking for more Cooking with Camden recipes? Check out this other simple crock pot recipe or these amazing chocolate chip cookie recipe. I know you’ll enjoy! To stay informed on these recipes and other topics be sure to subscribe to our Simply Camden blog!
Cities Atlanta Metro Austin Metro Charlotte Metro Corpus Christi Metro DC Maryland Metro DC Metro DC Virginia Metro Dallas/Fort Worth Metro Denver Metro Houston Metro Inland Empire Metro LA/Orange County Metro Orlando Metro Phoenix Metro Raleigh Metro San Diego Metro Southeast Florida Metro Tampa Metro Tags 1