Cooking with Camden: Cheesy Zucchini
Image taken by Me edited using Canva
I love my kitchen at Camden Fallsgrove! Having a gas stove makes cooking quick and easy to clean up. My kitchen sink is huge, which makes cleaning out large pots and pans easy.
As you may have read from my previous blog, Philly Cheesesteak stuffed peppers, I have been trying to eat healthy and low carb. After a search on Pinterest for low carb meal options, I came across this recipe for Cheesy Zucchini. This can be either a side dish or full meal depending on how many carbs and calories your diet allows. I also altered the recipe to use low fat ingredients. This recipe was quick and easy to make, which is exactly what I prefer when it comes to cooking.
- 1 package of spiral cut zucchini “zoodles”
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp butter (I used “I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter,” Light
- 2 tbsp milk (I used lactose free fat free milk)
- 2/3 - 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (I used reduced fat)
- Add water & zoodles to a sauté pan, sprinkle salt over zoodles and bring to a boil. Stir until water is almost completely evaporated and zoodles are soft.
2. Reduce heat to low/medium. Add butter, milk, and cheese to the pan.
3. Stir until fully combined. Add up to another 1/3 cup of cheese if desired until you get the consistency you desire.
4. Add a little salt and pepper to taste, if desired, and enjoy!
I absolutely loved this meal, and it was very healthy! This is a recipe I will surely be making again! Love cooking with Camden? Check out this recipe by Simply Camden Blogger Alissa, “Cooking With Camden: My Family’s Favorite Recipe.”
Cities Atlanta Metro Austin Metro Charlotte Metro Corpus Christi Metro DC Maryland Metro DC Metro DC Virginia Metro Dallas/Fort Worth Metro Denver Metro Houston Metro Inland Empire Metro LA/Orange County Metro Orlando Metro Phoenix Metro Raleigh Metro San Diego Metro Southeast Florida Metro Tampa Metro Tags cooking keto diet zucchini low carb