6 Decor Styles to Try in Your Apartment
Photo by Unsplash.com, edited using Canva.com
Moving to your first Camden apartment home, and not sure how to decorate? Sometimes walking into a home décor store can be overwhelming, especially when you are unsure of your personal style. Here is a quick guide to 6 style types that may help when deciding how to decorate your apartment.
- Bohemian. Do you picture yourself at a summer music festival in sandals and shades? Perhaps you desire to be a world traveler and love the mixture of tapestry patterns and natural elements. Try the bohemian style. The best places to shop are World Market and Urban Outfitters. Stick to a warm tone color palette (browns, reds, tans) with pops of deep purple, maroon, and yellow. For an updated boho, add a little denim.
- Luxe & Glam. Love fashion, NYC, and all things diamonds? The luxe style is perfect. Think glass coffee tables, gold and crystal vases, and mirrors. Your color palette is black, white, grey, and pops of light pink. If you want a masculine take on the luxe style, substitute blue or teal instead of pink. Shop at Home Goods and Riley Rose for glam décor.
- Farmhouse. If you dream of having Chip and Joanna Gaines renovate your future home, then farmhouse is the style for you. Think reclaimed wood, mason jars, and tin. Choose navy blue, brown and cream for your color scheme. You will want to shop at Target and Kirklands to create this style.
- Modern & Minimalist. If you are staring at the pages of the latest IKEA catalog, then most likely you want the modern style that they offer. Stick to black and white with one pop of color. Steer clear of patterns, and go for abstract accent pieces like a white ceramic horse statue or artist’s figure.
- Nautical. Would you rather be on a boat or a beach somewhere? Bring the water inside and style your home with nautical accents. Navy blue and white are your colors. Add rope accents, seashells, and beach artwork on your walls. Try picking up items at Home Goods and Michaels.
- Industrial. Exposed air ducts, brick walls, wood and metal are just a few characteristics of the industrial style. Try home décor with nail head accents, lamps with Edison lightbulbs, and copper frames and vases. Your color palette is brown, black, and different shades of metal. Shop at Restoration Hardware and Industrial Home Design.
What are you waiting for? Now is the time to decide on a style and start decorating your new Camden apartment home. Ask your leasing office if they offer an accent wall program. Be sure to refer to your lease for specific dos and don’ts when altering your apartment.
Want more decorating ideas? Check out this blog post, “Hipster Home” to add a little flare to your apartment.
Cities Atlanta Metro Austin Metro Charlotte Metro Corpus Christi Metro DC Maryland Metro DC Metro DC Virginia Metro Dallas/Fort Worth Metro Denver Metro Houston Metro Inland Empire Metro LA/Orange County Metro Orlando Metro Phoenix Metro Raleigh Metro San Diego Metro Southeast Florida Metro Tampa Metro Tags apartment decorating decorating home lifestyle design