5 Tips for Great Dog Park Etiquette
Photo courtesy of Pexels.com
Let’s face it, your beloved Mr. Wuggles forgets all his home training when a squirrel runs by and sometimes you’re out for a walk and realize you forgot the doggy bags at home. It happens to the best of us. Fortunately, I’ve created a Dog Park Etiquette cheat sheet for when you take your four-legged friend for a visit!
- On-Leash Remember, unless you’re inside your communities' bark park, your pup must be on-leash. This decreases the chances of the zoomies, lost pets, and injuries.
- Waste Bag Dispenser This little thing has saved my life! It’s so convenient and easy to carry around. I clip it to the handle of my dog’s leash, so I never forget doggy bags when we go out for walks. You can find them almost anywhere! You can even ask your Camden office team for some!
- Flight Risk When you are entering and exciting the dog park, be careful not to let anyone else’s furry friend loose. Also, be sure to equip your dog with ID tags to ensure that he/she can be quickly found.
- Healthy Pups When becoming a part of any Camden community, we require that your pets are up-to-date on all vaccinations. Make sure your dog is protected from fleas and diseases transferred by other dogs and mosquitos.
- Keep an Eye Out We love our furry friends here at Camden and we understand meeting new dogs can be stressful. Whenever encountering a new dog at the dog park, please be attentive and communicate with the other dog’s owner. Some behavior triggers aggressive reactions from other dos. Don’t leave your dog unattended. Keep watch on your dog while he frolics in the dog park. This is the best way to prevent incidents that can be harmful to your pet.
Dog park etiquette is important to know when visiting the dog park. Use these tips and make Mr. Wuggles “Mr. Popular”!
You might also like...
Cities Atlanta Metro Austin Metro Charlotte Metro Corpus Christi Metro DC Maryland Metro DC Metro DC Virginia Metro Dallas/Fort Worth Metro Denver Metro Houston Metro Inland Empire Metro LA/Orange County Metro Orlando Metro Phoenix Metro Raleigh Metro San Diego Metro Southeast Florida Metro Tampa Metro Tags Dog Park dog park etiquette dog park rules