3 Easy Steps to Make Your Apartment Sparkle
Photo by Camden
There’s nothing quite like the feeling of coming home to a clean apartment! After a long day at work, I love to kick off my shoes and relax without worrying about a mess surrounding me. Plus, a clean home is linked to less stress and fewer allergies! What’s not to like?
How do we get to that clean dream? For me, it all comes down to a routine. Starting a cleaning routine makes it easy to keep your home spotless without overwhelming yourself.
Let’s break it down, I put my cleaning tasks into three categories:
You can always take the time to set your own routine, but this three-part routine has never done me wrong!
Some cleaning tasks always seem to pile up. I want to make sure I get these out of the way before they become a problem! Every night before I get ready for bed, I set a timer for 20 minutes. Before that timer goes off, I work on completing the following:
- Take a quick look around – do you see anything where it shouldn’t be? Put it away! A place for everything, everything in its place, as Benjamin Franklin says! Take care of mail, shoes, etc.
- Wash dishes
- Now that we’ve filed away the clutter, take to those dishes! I’m a big advocate of washing dishes as you go, but some get left behind now and then. Take just a few moments to wash your dishes or place them in your dishwasher – get them out of that sink!
- Wipe counters
- Now it’s time to do a quick wipe down of the counters in my bathroom and kitchen. I am a HUGE fan of vinegar and dawn together. It is a miracle cleaner, so I keep a bottle handy at all times.
- Check the trash
- There’s nothing worse than smelly trash stinking up your gorgeous Camden apartment home. Many communities, like Camden Southline, feature front-door trash pickup, which makes this chore easier than ever!
Other tasks aren’t as daunting, but they need to be tackled frequently. For each weekly task, I assign them to a specific day. This way, it’s on my mind when that day rolls around!
- Clean your Kitchen
- We’ve wiped the counters, but now it’s time to do a bit deeper clean! I take about 30 minutes every Tuesday to make my kitchen sparkle.
- Clean your Bathroom
- We’ve done a great job of keeping the counters clean, so now it’s time to dedicate some special cleaning attention to the rest! I dedicate another 30 minutes on Wednesdays to help my bathroom shine.
- Our surfaces are clean, but what about the floors? This is my absolute least favorite chore, so I turn on my favorite playlist and have a mini-dance party while I vacuum each room in my apartment every Thursday evening!
Even one week into this routine, your apartment should be looking guest-ready! But maybe it seems like something is missing? Clean up tasks on this list give you that finishing touch. I set aside one day a month to work on these items.
- We have some gorgeous floors in our apartment, so it’s important to keep them in great condition! I use a steam mop once a month to keep my floors shining.
- We’re living our best lives in our apartments, so it’s no surprise that dust can build up. Dust can cause allergies and irritate eyes, so it’s important to take care of it. A duster is my best friend once a month, but a microfiber cloth can work wonders as well!
Having a cleaning routine makes it much easier to keep our beautiful apartments looking as great as the day we moved in. The same routine won’t work for everyone, so if you find yourself missing the mark, don’t fret! Just take a step back, review your routine, and find what works best for you! You might find yourself changing it every week or two until you find that sweet-and-clean spot.
Whatever you do, don’t give up! We have some more amazing tips for you to create your own cleaning routine.
Cities Atlanta Metro Austin Metro Charlotte Metro DC Maryland Metro DC Metro DC Virginia Metro Dallas/Fort Worth Metro Denver Metro Houston Metro Inland Empire Metro LA/Orange County Metro Orlando Metro Phoenix Metro Raleigh Metro San Diego Metro Southeast Florida Metro Tampa Metro Tags cleaning cleaning routine apartment living tips cleaning tips apartment cleaning