10 Items You Absolutely Need for Your First Apartment
Photo Courtesy of Pexels.com, edited in Canva.com
So you've finally decided on an apartment home with Camden, but what now? You're so excited and anxious that you don't even know where to begin! Moving into your first apartment doesn't have to be scary. We have you covered with our top 10 picks for items that you absolutely must have in your first apartment home.
- Toiletries –Seems like an obvious one, right? You’d be surprised how much you can forget when you’re in the midst of moving and starting your life in your new apartment. Make a list of the essentials that you’ll need. This includes items such as soap, body wash, shampoo, laundry detergent, toilet paper, and paper towels. Having these items ahead of time will make it easy for you to jump right into feeling at home without having to run to the store.
- Cleaning Supplies – If you’re like me, you have cleaning supplies for just about any surface in your apartment home. Make a list of the basic cleaning supplies that you use for the kitchen, bathroom, and floors. If you’re not sure where to start. Check out lists online to assist in your preparation. At the end of the day, you'll end up with a closet full of supplies.
- Tool Kit - You've likely been using Mom and Dad's tool kit prior to having your first apartment home, so it's finally time to purchase your own! Most stores sell starter tool kits that will allow you to make any small fixes to your apartment home. Most importantly, a tool kit will allow you to add those soft touches to your apartment; think chic art work and bold curtains.
- Curtains - While most apartments come equipped with blinds, curtains are a great way to add your personal touch. Offered at a range of prices, curtains are easily interchangeable and often less expensive than painting the walls in your apartment home. Aside from adding a pop of color or pattern, curtains can also be a great energy saver! By purchasing insulated curtains, you’re one step closer to more energy efficient heating and cooling bills.
- Plunger - Trust me, the last thing you want to do is call the Maintenance team at your Camden community to assist in an um...issue in your bathroom due to not having a plunger. This will be the best $5.00 you will spend to eliminate any potential issues. But don't worry - if you do forget right away, our Maintenance team is happy to assist should you have a real emergency and can be reached through our office or 24/7 Contact Center.
- Extension Cords and Power Strips – Sometimes outlets may not line up perfectly with your night stands or anticipated location for your tv. Because you’re renting, a quick fix to this dilemma can be using extension cords and power strips. With these, you’ll have more than one source of power for your phone, bed lamp, oil diffuser, you name it!
- Serve Ware - With your apartment fully equipped and ready to go, you'll want to have guests over to celebrate! Make sure you're stocked with plenty of plates, silverware, and drink ware. Before you know it, you'll be hosting your first holiday party in your new apartment!
- Trash Bins - This not so fun necessity doesn't have to be boring. Plenty of stores are selling stylish trash bins for your new apartment home. For starters, you'll need one for the kitchen, one for the bathroom, and potentially one for your office space or garage. Not interested in a stylish bin for waste removal? Most Camden apartment homes provide a trash bin for their valet trash removal services.
- Mail Holder/Organizer – Living in your first apartment home brings on a lot of additional responsibilities. With such responsibilities comes more mail and bills. By having a mail holder or organizer, you can put all the important stuff in one place to ensure you’re staying on budget. This is also a great opportunity for you to get creative and stylish by picking something that fits your personality. So not only will it be functional for you, but your guests can also envy your organization; win-win!
- Storage - Most apartment homes do not have as much storage as larger homes. With that comes creativity and organization! Purchasing additional storage such as under the bed bins, storage ottomans, and organizational bins make it an easy way for you to keep your apartment tidy and chic. Don’t know where to start? We have blogs on which standard household items you can use to declutter your apartment.
Now that you have the list of our top 10 must have items, you're ready for a stress-free move into your first Camden apartment home! Happy moving!
Cities Atlanta Metro Austin Metro Charlotte Metro DC Maryland Metro DC Metro DC Virginia Metro Dallas/Fort Worth Metro Denver Metro Houston Metro Inland Empire Metro LA/Orange County Metro Orlando Metro Phoenix Metro Raleigh Metro San Diego Metro Southeast Florida Metro Tampa Metro Tags first apartment what you need for first apartment 1st apartment items needed for first apartment