Take a Look at the Redesigned Levy Park in Houston
Taken by me
Studies show urban residents benefit tremendously from nearby green space. As a resident at Camden Greenway, I am so thrilled to have the newly redesigned Levy Park in Houston just across the street. This signature park has everything you need for a day of relaxation, exercise, or family fun, all in the middle of the Upper Kirby District.
Located off Richmond between Eastside and Wakeforest, Levy Park’s new design and features have everyone in mind. The huge trees provide plenty of shade to protect from the Houston sun. Combined with ample seating, this park will be functional year-round.
Here are my favorite things to do at Levy Park:
- The Dog Park: The Levy Park dog park is within walking distance of my apartment at Camden Greenway instantly making it both my and my dog’s favorite dog park in Houston. The dog park is divided for little dogs and big dogs to play separately with safety lock gates to keep pooches inside. With hills to run over and fountains to play with, dogs have a blast inside the dog park. My dog absolutely loves running around off-leash and meeting new friends there!
- The Activity Lawn: A large stretch of lush green space, the activity lawn has plenty of room to stretch out with blankets and a picnic. There is a variety of life-size lawn games that provide endless amounts of entertainment for all ages. Adjacent to the Activity Lawn are racks for games, books and crafts that park-goers can borrow for the day.
- The Playground and Overlook: These two spots in Levy Park are two of the coolest. This playground has it all: slides, tunnels, climbing wall, jungle gyms, merry-go-rounds and even a splash pad. All of this is surrounded by a soft, spring-like floor. The Overlook is a quiet, raised walk that takes you up into the beautiful oak trees of Levy Park, reminiscent of a tree house. Watching all the kiddos run and laugh around the playground and overlook makes me want to be a kid again!
- Performance Pavilion: An amphitheater and seating lawn ready for live performances. This area of the park is tucked in such a way that anyone on the lawn enjoying live music will have a great time. However, from my apartment in Camden Greenway, not even a block over, I can’t hear a peep!
- Community Garden: Brought back from the original park, the community garden sits on the Wakeforest side of the park. It has rows of planters filled with veggies and herbs plus fruit trees. Yum!
It is easy to see Levy Park is becoming an instant gem in the Upper Kirby community. As a Camden Greenway resident, I am thrilled to have such fantastic greenspace within walking distance. Also nearby in the new Kirby Grove is the new location of Kiran’s, with many more shops and restaurants to come. Don’t forget the other gem of Upper Kirby, the Urban Harvest Farmers Market, also within walking distance of Camden Greenway.
Want to move to the center of this urban activity? Begin your Houston apartment search at Camden Greenway!
Cities Atlanta Metro Austin Metro Charlotte Metro DC Maryland Metro DC Metro DC Virginia Metro Dallas/Fort Worth Metro Denver Metro Houston Metro Inland Empire Metro LA/Orange County Metro Orlando Metro Phoenix Metro Raleigh Metro San Diego Metro Southeast Florida Metro Tampa Metro Tags Things to do near my apartment. parks