The Perks of Living On Campus at Camden Miramar
Since move-in day at Camden Miramar, things have been off to a great start for the new school year at TAMUCC. Students are all settled in and have a new place to call home for the next four years on campus. It will be their safe haven after long hours of studying and a place to grow personally amongst their peers. After all the preparation, moving of heavy boxes and jitters that come with such an exciting new chapter, events have already taken place to help with the transition. Event days that have consisted of:
- Strangers In a Ball Pit on move-in day. No need to worry on how you'll make your first friend because this game gives you the opportunity to dive right in! Any 6 students at one time will enter the pit and give their answer to the question written on the ball they choose. Similar interests will arise and boom, a connection will be made!
- Casino Night: one of our largest attended events that takes place once a semester. Look for details on the next one and grab your roomie(s) for the opportunity to play casino games. You'll enjoy earning tickets to cash in for things you not only need, but want; prizes like Blu-ray players, printers and paper, and comfy bean bag chairs to name a few.
- The Hunt: take part in a scavenger hunt across the TAMUCC campus. Your hunt will provide an opportunity to have a lot of fun while getting familiar with TAMUCC’s resources, school traditions, and neat places. “I don’t want to win dining dollars for Panda Express, Starbucks or Chick-fil-A” said no one ever. So go!
*Cool tip: If you touch the foot of the Hector P. Garcia statue during finals week you’re sure to get a good grade. But don’t think you don’t have to study!
Aside from fun events to help welcome you in and help you engage with on-campus living, there are many other conveniences that come along with living on campus at Miramar. Let’s start off with everyone’s favorite:
Roll out of bed, right into class
With the rush, excitement, and nerves that come with starting this new chapter in your life, you’ll find yourself running out of time. Especially when you have t-minus 10 minutes to turn in that paper you’ve known about for a good while! Lucky for you, you just have to roll out of bed. Just grab your books and head to class. No need to get in your car, drive, and pray you’ll find a parking spot. You can avoid morning frustrations and have more chances to hit snooze, or grab that snack before class starts. Most importantly, you’ll be more inclined to actually go to class, and mom will be proud. After all, you have the rest of your life to live off campus!
Increase Your Engagement & Get Involved
When you live on campus at Camden Miramar you get the full college experience, and best of all you become part of a community. A community that allows you to get familiar with your resources and focuses on learning opportunities to ensure your academic success. You'll create memorable moments and get the support you need as a growing individual in society. Living on campus will make it easier to attend more campus events, join organizations, and get deeper in the Islander spirit. And by living at Miramar, you’ll get cordially invited to:
- Trivia Night: hosted once a semester. Teams of students get trivial on university resources, current events, and pop culture. And of course there are prizes to win.
- 1st Annual Battle of the Halls: A new tradition you won’t want to miss! You’ll get to compete against the other halls in an outside field day full of various games. If you’re on the winning team, you get bragging rights and a trophy will be engraved and put on display for years to come.
If there’s one thing I wish I would have experienced while completing my Bachelor's at TAMUCC, it would be the experience of living on campus and getting to experience the "real" deal. I wonder if it’s too late for me now that I’m married, what do you think?
You will find that being closer to the library and other TAMUCC resources help keep you on a steady path to success with your studies and overall success. Don’t forget that you have an assigned Resident Advisor, aka RA, that is there for you 24/7. An RA is someone that acts as a mentor, role model, confidant, SME-subject matter expert, and liaison and support person. Your RA has your best interest at heart. Our staff wants you to stay involved and be a successful student. Studies have shown that students are more likely to graduate if they live on campus. Remember, this chapter is about living independently, evolving into a well-rounded student, having new experiences, and ultimately walking the stage. What an amazing feeling of accomplishment knowing you successfully finished another great milestone!
Utilize Community Amenities
Oh yeah, access to amenities like these don’t hurt.
- Pool with lounge furniture and grills
- Sand Volleyball
- Recreation Room equipped with a pool table, shuffleboard, Wi-Fi, TV lounge area, and deck with water view.
- Canoe, kayak, & surfboard racks
- Hike & Bike Trail
- Free bus rides to the Moore Plaza shopping center=free rides to get groceries, clothing, and eat at places like Five Guys and Freebirds.
- 24/7 Maintenance Requests
- Extended office hours
To view all the amenities, visit our website here.
Make Lifelong Relationships
Let’s state the most obvious; your new roomie(s) may end up being your Best Man or Maid of Honor. Or maybe the friend you met at Casino night ended up being the chosen one. Who knows? Everyone on campus is in the same place as you are: on a journey. What better way than to do it together and all the while make lasting relationships and memories? Live with us, connect with us, and get involved with us!
Remember, Camden Miramar is tailored to students and campus living, and every event is done with a purpose to better serve you. Miramar team members sit on committees to ensure students like you get the access to resources you’ll need and want. The team you’ll find greeting you at Camden Miramar are there to make your living experience the best they can. They’re there for you and deal with students and their families on a daily basis. Don’t be afraid to ask for help and get connected. We want to deliver the best living experience EVER so please let us do that for you!