How to Make Quick and Simple Oven Nachos
My wife and I have a long history of whipping up quick, lazy, but really tasty weeknight meals. I know these super easy oven nachos are one of our best recipes just because of the sheer amount of times we’ve made them. They're also a great way to kick off a game night get together at your apartment. The best part though? It’s so simple my toddler can practically make them herself!
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Tortilla chips: You can’t have nachos without chips. That’s day one stuff. My personal recommendation is a basic chip with sea salt, but there are options for a reason. Pick what you like the most.
- Shredded cheese: You should get a type that you like but will also melt easily. The easier the melt, the quicker your nachos are ready. Personally, my wife and I opt for shreds of vegan cheddar and pepper jack.
- Diced or sliced jalapeños: Your spice level depends almost entirely on this. Not a spicy food fanatic? Leave ‘em out! You’re not gonna hurt my feelings.
- Black olives: One of the traditional nacho staples; a little salty bite to give it some attitude.
- Sour cream: The perfect counter to hot cheese and spicy peppers. Trust me, it’s not the same without it.
- Really whatever else you want to add: If the 21st century has taught me anything about the culinary arts, it’s that you can put practically anything you want on literally any other food and someone is bound to find it appetizing.
Photo Courtesy of Pexels
All of this can be picked up at a grocery store of your choice, preferably one close to your apartment home to maximize the quick-and-easy factor and minimize the effort. I drive just a few minutes down the road from my Camden community to my local Publix. It’s nice having things conveniently close by!
Here’s what to do next:
Photo Courtesy of Pexels
- Once you have your supplies, crank up your oven to 400 degrees. You want it nice and toasty.
- Take a cookie sheet (or even better, a baking dish to keep it all contained) and dump out as many chips as you think you can fit in your stomach. No need for it to be pretty either, you’re just going to eat it, right? Get all your toppings together and go crazy on those chips! Pile on the cheese, peppers, and olives until you feel like the chips might break when you lift one up.
- Once they’re covered, pop them in the oven and let them do their thing. I usually try to wait at least 10 minutes or so, but the best nachos have the meltiest cheese so really the longer you can manage to hold off, the better.
- Once the cheese is melted and the gourmet kitchen in your Camden apartment has a nice aroma going, pull them out of the oven, dollop on some sour cream, and marvel at your creation. You just made nachos in less than 20 minutes. How much faster could you ask for?
These quick and easy recipes are my favorites because they’re simple enough that you don’t need to get a lot of ingredients and they can be made really whenever you’re hungry! Now it's time to invite some friends over to your apartment, turn on the TV, and throw some cheesy goodness in your oven. Want more Cooking with Camden ideas? Try some Texas chili and delicious chocolate chip cookies!
Cities Atlanta Metro Austin Metro Charlotte Metro Corpus Christi Metro DC Maryland Metro DC Metro DC Virginia Metro Dallas/Fort Worth Metro Denver Metro Houston Metro Inland Empire Metro LA/Orange County Metro Orlando Metro Phoenix Metro Raleigh Metro San Diego Metro Southeast Florida Metro Tampa Metro Tags quick Easy simple oven nachos tasty meal