Get Out and Enjoy the Tampa Bay Riverwalk!
Photo courtesy of Rachel Anderson
The weather is gorgeous and it is time to get out of your Camden Tampa apartment and enjoy the beautiful weather! On any day the perfect place to enjoy the great outdoors is the Tampa Bay Riverwalk. 2.4 miles of museums, beautiful views, fun parks and delicious food await you in Downtown Tampa.
Here are a few great things that you must experience on the Tampa Bay Riverwalk:
- Amazing Parks: Along the Riverwalk are so many parks perfect for an outdoor picnic, a game of Frisbee or just to relax in the sun. There are playgrounds and multiple splash pads for your little ones to enjoy!
- Fun Entertainment: There is always something going on along the Riverwalk. From yoga at Curtis Hixon Park to the upcoming Riverfest! During the holidays decorated boats sail down the river, every St Patrick’s Day the river is dyed green with an amazing Irish festival. There are art shows, trick or treating during Halloween and the Mayor’s Mac & Cheese Throw down in April. The entertainment is endless!
- Delicious Food and Yummy Drinks: There are many restaurants and bars along the Riverwalk for you to relax and enjoy. Have brunch at Sono Café while enjoying the gorgeous river and the views of the University of Tampa. Enjoy dinner at Ulele with native inspired food and in house brewed beers. Grab a nice cold drink and watch the sunset and the Sail Pavilion to end your day! There are endless choices with amazing views to pick from!
- Museums and More: There are over five museums on the Riverwalk to roam! The Glazer Children’s Museum with their hand on activities for kids of all ages and the Florida Aquarium with a touch tank and thousands of beautiful fish are great for families. The Tampa Bay History Center shows over 12,000 years of exciting Tampa Bay history plus the Columbia Café is right on the 1st floor. Grab a Cuban, their famous 1905 salad and enjoy the view of the river. For all of the art lovers out there, the Tampa Museum of Art and the Florida Museum of Photographic Arts will delight you with gorgeous photos, paintings and sculptures.
- Easy to get around: With wide sidewalks it is a great place to walk, jog, or ride a bike. Coast Bike Share is great way to see all of the Riverwalk. Just rent a bike for a short or long trip along the river or through downtown Tampa. You can also take the Pirate Water Taxi. With multiple stops every 30 minutes along the river it is a great way to explore from one end to another.
With plenty of street parking and multiple parking garages with easy access to the Riverwalk it is a stress free to get down there! One of my favorite ways to enjoy the Tampa Bay Riverwalk is during Fourth Friday. A great opportunity to get into the museums for free and enjoy discounts a local restaurants. All of our Camden apartments in Tampa are only 30 - 40 minute drive away, but it is worth the drive or a flight in from any Camden apartment! Come visit the Tampa Bay Riverwalk today!