Uber taking over big city streets
So who’s your typical call to at 2am in the morning? Your best friend, perhaps an ex? Nope! Surprisingly, Uber is most likely that last call of the night. Why? Simple; they are someone you can rely on at any time of the day or night. They are ready to scoop you and your friends up from anywhere and take you to your next destination. Uber is exploding worldwide with more than 8 million users in 67 countries, serving up to 300 cities. Houston is definitely taking advantage of this service with a growing number of the population using this app to get around. Let’s first break down how Uber works…
- First, you need to make an account. (Email, profile, credit card info)
- Second, that’s it! You’re done. You can call your Uber immediately.
- It can all be done through your phone. No need to hail a taxi from the side of the street or call a 1-800 number.
- Enter your destination and your driver receives it immediately.
- Fair Splitting! Easily split the cost of your ride with friends.
- Their customer service is fantastic; you are given the ability to rate your driver on your trip experience.
Images found on Uber.comHere are some great experiences from anonymous Uber passengers…. “In the middle of the crazy Christmas shopping season, my husband and I went to the Galleria and when we got back to my car after the hectic day of fighting lines and crowds, my car was dead! We called an Uber to take us home so that we could pick up his car and bring it back to the Galleria to jump my car. It was so easy! Uber was like a knight in shining armor that turned a stressful situation into an easy no-brainer.” –Houston Uber passenger “One night, after an Uber had left me and my friends at a birthday party thirty minutes into us hanging out I noticed I did not have my phone. We quickly called our Uber back as I was positive I had left it in his car. When I told him my situation, he quickly looked found my phone! He was so nice about it and drove back to where we were. He never charged my account extra for having to driving out again; I gave him a great rating!” –Houston Uber Passenger