See These Absolutely Stunning Places When Loved Ones Visit the Beautiful OC!
Living in a Camden community means living in some of the best cities in the country. This usually means living away from family and friends that typically want to visit you! I live on the opposite coast of my family so I LOVE when they come to visit. I try to throw in as many things as I can while they are out here so I can show them some of my favorite things. There are a ton of lists for things to do while visiting different cities and many don’t have that local flair. I like to take my loved ones to things they wouldn’t normally see.
My family came to visit last week and I compiled a list of some of my favorite things to do. I have some staples and some that are off the beaten path. We traveled all around San Diego, Orange County, and up to LA. These are generally my go to events for when people come out to visit.
- Top of the World- This beautiful park has gorgeous views from Laguna Beach out to Catalina Island. There is a playground along with many miles of mountain biking and hiking trails. It is one of the most beautiful views.
- Downtown LA/Hollywood- This is a must for anyone's first visit. You see the Chinese Theater, The Walk of Fame, and maybe even catch them setting up a red carpet.
- Temecula Wine Tasting- Who doesn't love a good wine! Maurice Carey is a must with their famous cheese bread! Leoness and Wilson Creek are some of the most beautiful and best wines around.
- Children’s Pool and sea lions/seals in La Jolla- This is some of the best seal and sea lion viewing. Get up close, and personal with them here. You can talk to an informed ranger who can even tell you the difference between seals and sea lions. Even swim with them!
- Venice Beach- This is also a staple. You can walk Venice boardwalk. Check out a famous California Drum Circle. Dance. Get your feet in the Pacific.
- Horseback riding- There are many different companies to go horseback riding out here. We did Saddle Up Wine Tours. They were amazing. We got stunning views of the sunset through the mountains. TJ was an excellent, skilled guide. Even better, their proceeds, their proceeds are 100% donated back to rescuing horses. There are different options but we did a sunset ride with a cowboy dinner finish. This one is now at the top of my list!
- Sunset Cliffs- This is a pretty popular spot. It is so stunning that when we went to catch the sunset there were two different weddings happening! This is a local favorite and can be busy but definitely worth it.
Camden has properties all over the country. This makes it easy to move to beautiful, bright sunny places like Miami, and San Diego. We also have incredible places in wintry Colorado, and historic Washington D.C.
What are some of your favorite things to do with visiting friends or family in your area?