No Good Parties, Only Great Ones!
As anyone can probably tell you, Camden Communities throw some awesome parties. So, who better to listen to than your local party planners in the Welcome Center? Here are just a few tips on how to throw a slammin', funtastic party!
1) Theme: The best parties are the ones with themes. Find a reason to celebrate! Whether it be a person, special holiday or sports event, when people have a combined reason to party, you are destined for success!photo courtesy of www.partypop.com
2) Decorate: Do not be afraid to go over the top with your decorations. Balloons, streamers, beach balls, candles - use them all! Once you have a theme to celebrate to you need to create an atmosphere that people want to celebrate in!photo courtesy of amoniqueaffair.blogspot.com
3) Venue: Consider where you will be hosting the party. This will help with tips #1 and #2. Once you know what theme you will be using, you can pick a venue that accompanies it. You will usually want to find someplace cool, private and with some kind of exceptional feature that people will not forget.photo courtesy of www.straitstimes.com
4) Food: Party food can easily become the highlight of any party. Usually, knowing your average party guest, anything free and edible will do the trick. If you want to guarantee that you are not like every other party planner, spice your party food ideas up a bit by thinking outside the box. For example: Pizza. Pizza is one of the world's favorite party snack foods. It is filling AND it comes in many different tastes. Why choose Pizza Hut or Dominos when you can choose gourmet pizza like California Pizza Kitchen? Even a simple change in direction can make your party unforgettable.photo courtesy of www.funelf.net
5) Beverages: Every party guests favorite, the party beverage. Now, of course when choosing a party drink you will have to be mindful of who will be coming to your party, but be frilly! Add fruits, cute straws or signature party favors like the little drink umbrellas. Find cute cups to add a bit of frill to your drink. If you really want to shine like a diamond, make your own drinks (and tell everyone you did). This shows personal involvement and best of all, care.photo courtesy of www.techmarketeers.com
6) Music: No party is complete without music. Whether you choose to hire a DJ (takes the edge off in the entertainment department) or control your own music it is always just important to make sure you have the right kind. Depending on the kind of party you are interested in, it is safe to say that classical, jazz and Top 40 hits are the best way to go. These usually appeal to most people and you will not leave anyone offended or wanting to leave because they cant stand the type of music you have chosen. When all else fails, play Pharell's "Happy" once or twice and you will surely get the party started!photo courtesy of www.ava7.com
7) Hours: Last but not lease, try not to put any hours on your party. You can give a start time, but leave the end time open so that you are not rushing any of your party goers or placing any restrictions on them.photo courtesy of www.iwantcovers.com
Now that you are educated in the throwing of a Camden approved awesome party, go forth and thrill all of your friends with what you have learned! If they ask you "how?", "where?" and "from whom?" did you learn all of these wonderful tips... You know where to send them!