We’ve all heard that April showers turn into May flowers but what happens when the rain starts in February? How long are we supposed to wait for these flowers before we go stir crazy? We are so lucky to have these beautiful Camden apartment homes. Yet, even the most beautiful home can become a little confining on the sixth straight day of rain. Here are some fun tips to bring the sunshine back into your Camden home even when the clouds won’t seem to break.
- Find a good book: An oldie but a goody. There is nothing as classically Zen as reading a book while the rain pitter patters down around you. Currently reading: Marlena. The story of a young woman reconciling memories of a muddy past after the death of a friend.
- Netflix binge: Tried and true, go full hermit and Netflix all day long. May I recommend The Crown?
- TBT night (hello Disney movies!): Embrace your entrapment with a call back to your childhood. Watch your favorite childhood classics. Or sing along to those timeless songs and you won’t be able to resist being a wonderful mood.
- Soup soup soup: Is cooking what makes you feel warm and fuzzy? Then spend your rainy day making a homemade soup for you and your loved ones. My current favorite soup recipe here: Creamy Roasted Garlic Cauliflower soup. Bonus: Your Camden apartment home will smell wonderful when you roast the garlic.
- Baking: The same sentiment as your yummy homemade soup but with a smidge more sugar.
- A good nap: Don’t fight it, embrace the rainy day nap there’s nothing more restful.
- Tea time with a pal: Whether you’re spilling the tea or sipping some tea, the sweet flavors and homey smells of home brewed tea are ideal for a rainy day.
- Play in the rain: When you have to get out of your apartment, let your inner child out and dance in the rain. Feel ultimate freedom and glee.
- Bubble bath: Follow up your rain dance with a warm and cozy bubble bath. Add essential oils or your favorite bath bomb for an all-out spa day in your own home.
- Meditation/yoga: Serenity now is easier to say than do! The gentle rhythm of rain is a great tool to lose yourself in the practices of yoga and/or meditation. Use nature’s gifts to find your mindfulness.
With these tips, there is nothing more to fear! Now we snuggle up and wait for the sunshine!