I Tried Plated Meal Delivery - Here's What I Thought
Photo by Sabrina Skiles
Hey, you. Yes, you, the busy, hard-working apartment dweller. I’m talking to you! I have the answer to your daily question, “What’s for dinner?”
Plated meal delivery service is the answer!
I know some of the questions you’re asking yourself:
- Are they fresh, sustainable, pre-portioned ingredients? Yes.
- What about step-by-step instructions? Yes.
- But are they delivered right to your door? Yes.
- I’ve got a bonus for you: they’re even chef-designed recipes. So, no boring, mundane meals here!
A little background on me:
I work full time at Camden Post Oak. I am married. I’m a mom to an almost 9 month old baby boy. I have a hobby of blogging which takes up all my free time.
So I am busy. Very busy.
But I also love to cook. I just don’t have a lot of time to go to the grocery store. That is the main aspect that appealed to me when looking at a meal delivery service.
So, last week I tried Plated for the first time and have to say I was extremely impressed.
Photo courtesy of Plated.com
- I love how easy the step-by-step recipes are. Bonus points because they include photos of cooking process. I’m a visual learner!
- I like that you can change out any recipes you don’t like. I changed out a recipe I knew my husband and I wouldn’t like to Thai Beef Lettuce wraps.
- I like having it delivered on a Saturday so I can plan the rest of my week. You can have it delivered on any day of the week and cancel if you want to skip a week.
- It's getting my husband involved in cooking with me. Here's to hoping it lasts!
- I’m learning how to be a better cook. I now know what produce and spices go together. AND I can make an Avocado Crema – It’s so easy!
So far I’ve made the Mexican Brown Rice Bowl with Shrimp, Thai Beef Lettuce Wrap and Cheese Chicken Enchilada Suizas. All three were beyond amazing!
Exact quote from my husband about the shrimp meal, “Wow, this is delicious! It tastes like a tropical meal similar to when we were living on Maui!” I normally don’t like fruit in my hot food, but the pineapple and avocado crema balanced out the shrimp perfectly.
The Thai Beef Lettuce wraps surprised me. The seasoning was superb; the rice was light and fluffy and really complemented the complex flavors of the beef. I didn’t think it would be enough food, but both myself and my husband were extremely satisfied.
The Cheesy Chicken Enchilada Suizas is our favorite by far. My husband cooked the chicken to perfection why I chopped all the produce. The creamy tomatillo sauce was a good balance to the chicken and the portion size was just enough for us. I didn't feel like we needed rice and beans on the side. Bonus points for the meal being delicious and filling!
“Cook more, live better” is their philosophy and boy, were they were. Plated, you have one very satisfied customer!
But, Plated isn’t the only meal delivery service out there. Find the one you like best! Check out other Camden bloggers’ experiences with similar services Blue Apron and Hello Fresh. And come back soon to hear how my next delivery goes and another blogger’s experience with Home Chef.
Cities Atlanta Metro Austin Metro Charlotte Metro DC Maryland Metro DC Metro DC Virginia Metro Dallas/Fort Worth Metro Denver Metro Houston Metro Inland Empire Metro LA/Orange County Metro Orlando Metro Phoenix Metro Raleigh Metro San Diego Metro Southeast Florida Metro Tampa Metro Tags plated meal delivery plated meal delivery