Heard of Spring Cleaning? Try Doing a Fall Cleaning!
Everyone has heard of doing a spring cleaning, but what about doing a fall cleaning? Take advantage of fall’s cool and crisp breezes and cloudy days to make your apartment home more comfortable. Make your life easier by spring time by reading the following Fall Cleaning Checklist:
Focus on public areas and rooms.
- Wipe down all windows: Use a glass cleaner and wipe down with a microfiber cloth. Did you know that cloudy days allow you to see streaks better?
- Vacuum dusty blinds and curtains: Use the low setting with a brush attachment on your vacuum. Or, wipe them down with a dampened microfiber cloth.
- Dust off EVERYTHING: This includes ceiling-mounted light and ceiling fan fixtures. Dust off appliances like your refrigerator and television. Don't forget bookshelves and tabletops. Use a 360 duster that can get all in those nooks and crannies.
- Do the carpets: Lift up your couch and tables and vacuum away! Have carpets professionally cleaned if needed. Contact your Camden leasing staff to see if they offer carpet cleaning
Focus on your personal belongings and personal rooms.
- Disinfect electronics: Wipe down your computer keyboard, tablets, and phones with a microfiber cloth. You can also use electronic wipes. These devices can accumulate dirt over the year!
- Straighten up the closets: Declutter and reorganize. Every time I do this, I find things that I didn’t realize I still had!
- Clean all bedding: Launder pillows, mattress pads, pillows, duvets, pillow and bed covers. Turn your mattresses front-to-back and end-to-end to distribute wear.
Focus on areas that affect your health.
- Conduct a food audit: Scan through your pantry and refrigerator. Remove everything and wipe away any crumbs, dust, or food stains. When returning each item back, toss anything that’s expired or you know won’t use. Check out this Food Storage and Shelf Life Chart.
- Test smoke and carbon monoxide detectors: Make sure they have fully charged batteries. Doing a fall cleaning focuses on safety too!
Doing a fall cleaning has many perks. It’ll make your apartment home look great and feel safe. It makes spring cleaning so much easier. Finally, it’ll help you prepare for the holidays if you invite friends and family too! Don't forget to place any service requests with Camden's awesome maintenance team. Go clean your apartment home today! You might be surprised by what you’ll find by doing a fall cleaning. Read another Camden Living blog on Shocking Ways to Use a Magic Eraser to help make fall cleaning that much easier.
Cities Atlanta Metro Austin Metro Charlotte Metro DC Maryland Metro DC Metro DC Virginia Metro Dallas/Fort Worth Metro Denver Metro Houston Metro Inland Empire Metro LA/Orange County Metro Orlando Metro Phoenix Metro Raleigh Metro San Diego Metro Southeast Florida Metro Tampa Metro Tags fall; autumn; cleaning; home; apartment; life