Camden Makes Houston's Best Places to Work in 2015 List (And I Agree)
The Houston Business Journal recently revealed Houston's Best Places to Work in 2015 list, and Camden was #8 on that list. As a new employee at Camden's corporate office in Houston, here are 6 reasons why I agree:
- The corporate office is too cool for school. Camden's corporate office is located in a great part of Houston in Greenway Plaza. It's a new, updated, contemporary office with plenty of space. It's my absolute favorite office I've ever worked in. You can get an inside glimpse at it here!
- It's a great workplace for millennials. Camden was recently named #24 in the 100 Best Workplaces for Millennials in FORTUNE Magazine. As a millennial myself, I know that being part of a large company that still values the opinions of its younger employees is a hard thing to find.
- Camden cares for our communities. The picture that the Houston Business Journal chose for our company, showed a group of Camden employees participating in a yearly event called Camden Cares. Every employee across the country takes an entire day to help out in their community. We remodeled houses, helped our communities, and served our veterans.
- The benefits are great. From medical insurance, vacation rentals, apartments discounts, even education assistance, Camden goes to great lengths to make sure every employee is taken care of. The benefits Camden provides for its employees are second to none.
- The culture is amazing. My first two months at Camden have been amazing. The people are friendly, approachable, funny, and inviting. I had heard Camden had an awesome culture, and now I have no doubt! My first day I was greeted with about 10 hugs. So if you're considering a career move to Camden, just know that "At Camden we hug!"
- The work is rewarding. It's hard work and there are some long days every now and then, but the work is always rewarding. We get to help thousands of people find their home and make it an amazing living experience.