Camden Cares for our Community
Photo Courtesy of Camden
Camden focuses on our nine core values to guide us every day. One of those values is “Always do the right thing.” Camden stepped up to the plate in many ways throughout the year, supporting our residents, communities and employees during a challenging time.
Camden is the only multi-family company to help its residents directly. The Camden Cares Resident Relief Fund was enacted to assist residents directly affected by the COVID-19 shutdowns. The response was overwhelming and made the difference in the lives of over 7,000 residents.
Healthcare Hero Meals
In April and May, it was our honor to provide meals for Camden residents who are healthcare professionals on the front lines of COVID-19. We sent meals to over 150 residents, serving approximately 1,900 healthcare workers and their families. Our hearts are filled with joy, knowing we provided a bright moment in their busy days.
Finding New Ways to Help
Many of our large Camden Cares events like volunteering at local Ronald McDonald House, improving a veteran’s home or volunteering with the Cleaning the World Foundation were canceled this year due to the pandemic. Camden still wanted to help and be able to get our employees involved this holiday season. Here are just a few way our team members across the nation helped out local communities:
- Camden’s First Annual Turkey Trot was born! Any team member who signed up and completed a 5K, Camden would then donate $50 to a local food bank. Over 400 team members across the country trotted with their families. A donation of $50,00 was sent to local food banks to help end hunger.
- Camden’s Mid-Atlantic team gathered over 1,500 canned goods for Martha’s Table.
- Camden’s South Florida team took meals to health care workers at Broward Medical Center.
- Camden’s Austin teams did a food drive for their local food bank.
- Camden’s Houston teams did neighborhood cleanups.
- Camden’s Denver teams collected gifts for the Denver Children’s Home.
- Camden’s Austin and Dallas teams sent cards to local seniors.
- Camden’s Charlotte team collected over 1,000lbs of food to donate to the Second Harvest Food Bank of Metrolina.
- Camden’s Arizona teams recognized first responders by delivering them care baskets to thank them for their service.
- Camden’s California teams held a canned food drive for local food banks.
- Camden’s Houston Corporate team collected over 1,000 books to donate to New Hope Housing for Houston residents living on limited income.
- Camden Atlanta donated old laptops to The Covenant House GA for their residents to apply for jobs.
Camden cares about our team members, our residents, and the communities where they live. I am honored to work for such an amazing company! That is why Camden has been listed on PEOPLE Companies that Care for three years and on Fortune’s Great Places to Work list for 13 years in a row!
Are you interested in working for Camden? Check out our careers website to see the latest openings near you today. We can’t wait for you to join the Camden family!
Cities Atlanta Metro Austin Metro Charlotte Metro DC Maryland Metro DC Metro DC Virginia Metro Dallas/Fort Worth Metro Denver Metro Houston Metro Inland Empire Metro LA/Orange County Metro Orlando Metro Phoenix Metro Raleigh Metro San Diego Metro Southeast Florida Metro Tampa Metro Tags Camden Cares volunteer VOLUNTEERING