5 Tips to Help you prepare for the Holidays
Photo Courtesy FoodNetwork.com
Can you believe that we are already in November? The holidays are right around the corner! I know for many the holiday season can be overwhelming and stressful. Hopefully a few tips can help get you prepared early and ready to welcome your family into your Camden apartment or home.
- Make a list and Shop Early – Stuffing, casserole, turkey, oh my! You need a lot of ingredients to make so many side dishes and main courses! Get out those recipes and make a list of everything you need. The grocery store will be a mad house a few days before the holiday, so head to the store a week or two in advance to pick up all of your non-perishable items. Then check out a local Farmer’s Market’s to get all of your fresh ingredients the week of Thanksgiving and Christmas.
- Cleaning – This is my most dreaded task! Cleaning and I are not friends, but I must have a spotless house when my entire family is coming over. To make this task less painful, clean one room top to bottom and in the corners once a day leading up to the holiday. By doing this, you shouldn’t get overwhelmed and just want to quit in the middle of this huge task (like I usually do). A Magic Eraser is also a handy tool that can clean almost anything!
- Decorating – I love the warm colors of fall and beautiful red and green holly. Get down those boxes from the attic. Who said you can’t decorate in September for fall and right after Thanksgiving for Christmas? If you need a few new decorative touches, head to Joanne’s, Michael’s, Hobby Lobby or any local craft store to pick up some beautiful garland or a gorgeous centerpiece. Many stores already have them on sale
- Place your orders – Not making everything from scratch? Have you ever gone to your local bakery and they are out of your favorite pie the day before the holiday? Place your holiday orders early! Order your breads, pies, sides and turkey as soon as possible. Avoid the last minute rush and missing out on one of your favorite items!
- Check your appliances - If you only cook during the holiday, the when was the last time you checked your electric carving knife or oven? Make sure all of your appliances are in working order before the big day.
Soon we will be welcoming our families into our homes and saying what we are thankful for. I hope these easy prep tips make you holidays smooth and less stressful. All Camden employees wish you a safe and happy holiday season!