3 Amazing & Easy Kitchen Maintenance Tips
A beautiful kitchen is often one of the most important things to have for an apartment dweller. It doesn’t have to take forever to keep your kitchen working and looking great, especially if you follow the following 3 amazing and easy kitchen maitnenance tips on a regular basis in your Camden apartment.
1. How to Clean Your Countertop
- For Formica countertops or quartz, use mild liquid detergent or household cleaner and damp cotton cloth for cleaning. Harsh chemicals like bleach will damage the surface.
- For granite or quartz countertops, use granite cleaner. Or make your own by combining dish detergent and rubbing alcohol for cleaning.
- Don’t forget to dry thoroughly! Excessive standing water will cause swelling, resulting in permanent damage.
- Take steps to avoid excess wear. Always use a cutting board when preparing food. Before setting hot food down, use a trivet or heat pad to avoid scorching.
(credit: Camden Glendale)
2. How to Clean Your Stovetop
- Remember to always allow the entire cooktop to cool before cleaning.
- If you have a flat top stove, saturate the glass surface with soapy water and wipe it with a soft cloth. For stubborn stains, make a paste with equal parts of baking soda and water. Apply this paste to the stains and wipe off after a few minutes.
- For all other stoves, spray the surface with vinegar and let it set for 15 minutes. Wipe the surface down with a wet towel afterwards.
- Try to keep the cooktop as clean as possible. If you keep cooking with existing stains, it becomes more difficult to remove.
(credit: Camden Flat Irons)
3. How to Maintain Your Garbage Disposal
- Run it with plenty of cold water. When it starts to smell
- Place all grease and food trimmings in the trash, not the garbage disposal. When grease has cooled, pour into a disposable plastic, glass, or metal container. A peanut butter jar or coffee can is great to use.
- Don’t put harmful items in it: bones, celery, meat fat, popcorn and other hard food items.
- Avoid banana, pasta, rice, potato peels, eggshells and coffee grounds. These items are fibrous or can expand.
These tips are sure to help keep your kitchen looking amazing. If you need help or have a maintenance request, just give your Camden office a call or login to the resident portal at www.mycamden.com and click on Submit a Request under Quick Links. We’ll be there to help ASAP!
Some people find that cleaning their apartments comes easy and they naturally make time for it. Need more cleaning tips? Check out this blog on how to create an easy cleaning routine.
Cities Atlanta Metro Austin Metro Charlotte Metro DC Maryland Metro DC Metro DC Virginia Metro Dallas/Fort Worth Metro Denver Metro Houston Metro Inland Empire Metro LA/Orange County Metro Orlando Metro Phoenix Metro Raleigh Metro San Diego Metro Southeast Florida Metro Tampa Metro Tags KITCHEN countertop stove clean apartment