3 Simple Fun And Fresh Summer Cocktails
Sunshine and awesome friends are the best part of summer living. Living in a Camden community there are endless ways to connect with your neighbors and enjoy your communities best amenities! Picture yourself chilling on your new rooftop hangout with your new friends, bbq smoking, and a fresh summer cocktail in hand.
Bourbon Arnold Palmer
Sunshine sweet tea, fresh lemonade, and your favorite bourbon blend make this classic drink the perfect poolside beverage. Enhance your cocktail with fresh crushed ice to put some chill in your hot day.
- 8 cups water
- 4 tea bags (I like Celestial Honey Vanilla Chamomile)
- Zest from 1 Large Lemon
- ¼ cup Sugar
- 3 cups Ice
- 3½ cups Sun Tea (or substitute unsweetened iced tea)
- 3½ cups Lemonade
- 1 cup Bourbon
- Make the sun tea by filling a clear glass container with 8 cups of water and tea bags. Leave out in the sun for two hours. Chill tea.
- Combine lemon zest and sugar in a bowl. Dip rims of serving glasses in water and then in lemon sugar mixture.
- In a pitcher, combine ice, sun tea, lemonade, and bourbon. Pour into prepared glasses.
This adult milkshake cocktail hails from the Gulf Coast, has a cult following, and even its own annual festival. This is the perfect beverage to whip up in your Camden kitchen and impress your friends with your mixology skills. It’s one of my favorite cocktails and was my favorite drink to make in my bartending days.
- 4 ounces cream of coconut
- 2 ounces Kahlua coffee liqueur
- 1 ounce Bacardi black rum
- 1 ounce crème de cacao
- 4 ounces half and half
- 1 scoop vanilla ice cream
- 2 scoops of ice
- Pour all ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth.
Pineapple Party Punch
Make this batch ahead of time and enjoy a rooftop kickback with your favorite Camden neighbors. Take in the city views and sip on something that tastes like vacation.
- 4 cups pineapple juice, chilled
- ½ cup white or coconut rum
- 1 bottle (750 ml) Prosecco
- 2 cups frozen pineapple
- Pour pineapple juice, rum, and prosecco into a pitcher. Add frozen pineapple to keep it chilled. Serve the same day it’s made.
Tips from your friendly neighborhood bartender: Give any cocktail your own signature spin by changing up or adding ingredients, or introducing a new fruit to the mix. Always use fresh fruit when available. Respect the ice! Good ice can make or break your cocktail.
Enjoy your summer cocktails! If you enjoy all things summer living, check out some of these excellent summertime inspired blogs.
Cities Atlanta Metro Austin Metro Charlotte Metro DC Maryland Metro DC Metro DC Virginia Metro Dallas/Fort Worth Metro Denver Metro Houston Metro Inland Empire Metro LA/Orange County Metro Orlando Metro Phoenix Metro Raleigh Metro San Diego Metro Southeast Florida Metro Tampa Metro Tags summer cocktails summer drinks simple drinks simple cocktails pool drinks rooftop bbq Friends hangout summer fun summertime cookout things to do at my apartment Apartment amenities